Is your dryer taking too long to dry?, If so you may need your dryer vent cleaned.
Some symptoms of an obstructed or clogged dryer vent are.
- Drying clothes takes 2 or more cycles. (If the dryer works fine on timed dry but not on sensor cycles, this is an indication something is wrong with the dryer.)
- Top of the dryer is very hot.
- Moisture leaking from the bottom or back of the dryer. This happens when the moisture can not exit through the dryer vent.
Why is a dryer vent cleaning needed?
A clogged dryer vent will cause…
- Your dryer to work harder and longer, increasing your electric bill and reducing the life expectancy of your dryer
- Your dryer to overheat, causing a thermostat or fuse to short out. And then a repairman will be needed to replace parts
- Dryer fires!!!
Dryer Vent Pro is located in and focused on serving customer in Seminole County Florida and surrounding areas. After years in the appliance maintenance and repair business we’ve learned the root causes of dryer damage. Many of the repairs were linked to improper dryer vent maintenance.With the experience, training and qualifications we can solve any dryer non-heating issues. You can have peace of mind, when you call Dryer Vent Pro because your dryer is not heating even if a part has failed we can solve your issues.
Professional Dryer Vent Services
We founded our company to solve the problem of clogged dryer vents. Having your dryer vents properly cleaned will resolve the problem of having to run your dryer multiple times to get your clothes dry. Using our service will save you electricity and improve the safety of your home.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Video
Watch the video below to get a better idea why you should schedule a dryer vent cleaning today:
An estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires in residential buildings are reported to U.S. fire departments each year. These fires cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- Clothes dryer fire incidence in residential buildings was higher in the fall and winter months, peaking in January at 11 percent.
- Failure to clean (34 percent) was the leading factor contributing to the ignition of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Dust, fiber, and lint (28 percent) and clothing not on a person (27 percent) were, by far, the leading items first ignited in clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Fifty-four percent of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings were confined to the object of origin.
When a Dryer vent becomes blocked and clogged due to lint 1 of two things will happen if left unattended. A fire will occur, or the a thermostat inside the dryer will short out. On most dryers this thermostat is not re-settable and not so easy to get to. Unfortunately a repairman will have to come out, take apart the dryer and replace the part. Ideally the repairman will have the part on his truck, so you will only be without the dryer for as long as it takes him to fit you into his schedule. If he has to order the part it will take a few days longer. Then once its repaired, Don’t forget you still need to get that dryer vent cleaned or the thermostat will break again.
Thats why we always say if you want to avoid dryer fires – Keep your dryer vent clean Florida!